Master Lai has many goals. His main goal is to help as many people as possible obtain health and happiness through the practice of qi gong. He believes that it is important for people to take time out of their busy schedules and invest in this area of their lives in order to become physically and mentally stronger.
- Presenter of Five Elements Palm Qi Gong and Six Words Chant workshops at the 14th World Congress Qi Gong—TCM Toronto ON Canada May 25—May 28, 2012.
- Certified in Canada as a Naturotherapist with A.N.N.
- President and founder of National LAMAS Qi Gong Association of Canada since 2002. The association was renamed Philip Lai Qi Gong Association in 2015.
- Master of Qi Gong received in 2002 from the National Qi Gong College of England.
- 30 years experience practicing qi therapy (sending healing energy), qi pressure (acupressure with healing energy), Chinese massage (using powerful qi or energy to stimulate the client), and teaching qi gong exercises.
- 20 years experience in the healing of injuries from competitive sports and martial arts using herbal medicine and Chinese massage.
- Master of Hung Gar and Choi Gar Kung Fu since 1975. The training included self-defense, and the technique of healing injuries sustained while performing competitive sports and martial arts.
- Instructor of qi gong and traditional Chinese medicine for 30 years.
- Can provide distance healing treatments.
- Organizes and instructs beginner and instructor level seminars.
Level VI of the Dasira Narada Spiritual Development Practice offered by Grandmaster Nguyen Duc Thuan of The Universal Human Body Energy Association.
40 hours of training in Zen Shiatsu with A.O.B.T.A. Certified Shiatsu Practitioner, Jan Vincent.
Intensive Instructor training given by Taiji-Five Element Qi Gong Grandmaster Binhui He and organized by the World Institute of Self Healing.
100 hours of intensive training in the Chow Integrated Healing System and Qi Gong offered by Dr. Effie Chow of the East West Academy of Healing Arts.
Advanced Qi Gong Studies Workshop offered by Dr. Yan Xan and organized by the International Yan Xin Qigong Association.
- Director of the Chinese Community Association of Ottawa.
- Financial advisor for the International Buddhist Association of Ottawa.
- Volunteer for the Public Health and Long Term Care Branch of Ottawa for over 3 years. Developed and co-ordinated weekly qi gong classes.
- Teaching the Chinese language and kung fu in the Chinese Language School of Ottawa for 15 years.